Agora Wave 8.19.16
Startups and Entrepreneurship
Encouraging Smart Risking Taking Doesn’t Mean Tolerating Dumb Mistakes
- Who it’s from: Gordon Tredgold via Entrepreneur
- What it is: This post teaches readers how to take smart risks that are manageable for your business.
- Why we like it: When creating a startup, it’s impossible NOT to take risks. Knowing how and when to take them is the key to succeeding.
Italy’s Plan To Destigmatize Doggy Bags And End Food Waste
- Who it’s from: Charlie Sorrel via Fast.Co
- What it is: Italy’s plan to catch up to the many countries in Europe that have cracked down on food waste.
- Why we like it: Extra food provides countless opportunities for social and environmental progress, but wasting the food wastes the opportunities. Social entrepreneurs can have great success in this area!
Global Social Entrepreneurship
- Who it’s from: Jessica Jackley via Philanthropy University
- What it is: A course offered to the public that teaches the basics of how to create a social enterprise.
- Why we like it: Many people have ideas about how they can create a successful startup, but few actually do. Resources like this help bolster your toolbox for building a social enterprise.
Solutions to Poverty
Supporting SME Growth through Innovation and Partnership – A Review of the Landscape
- Who it’s from: Lara Sinha via Business Fights Poverty
- What it is: A report on how SME are supported through partnership and innovation.
- Why we like it: Both partnership and innovation are essential to eradicating poverty through business. Lives are changed through SME!
Kenyan pharmacy chain: Why have one store, when you can have five?
- Who it’s from: Dinfin Mulupi via How We Made It In Africa
- What it is: A story of Neem Pharmacy, a successful pharmacy chain in Kenya.
- Why we like it: Taking the step to open another brick-and-mortar location for your business could make or break you. Neem Pharmacy has created a successful enterprise that serves many customers throughout Nairobi.
Share This Post, Choose Your Platform!