Startups and Entrepreneurship
- Who it’s from: Michael Glauser via Entrepreneur
- What it is: This post pinpoints the essence of successful entrepreneurship.
- Why we like it: At Agora, we believe that a passion for human flourishing MUST drive everything we do, proving this article to be true!
- Who it’s from: Sarah Grossman via Huffington Post
- What it is: An article raising awareness for the massive amount of food waste in the US.
- Why we like it: Food waste presents so many opportunities for social entrepreneurs to feed the hungry, and help the hungry begin to feed themselves!
- Who it’s from: Diane Propsner via Huffington Post
- What it is: An interview with Barbara Hou about the new “Generation F.”
- Why we like it: It’s true that entrepreneurship is on the rise! Especially for college students with a distrust of traditional corporate culture, entrepreneurship is quickly becoming a more viable option. This certainly causes long term sustainable development both domestically and internationally.
Solutions to Poverty
- Who it’s from: Edward Cavanaugh via Huffington Post
- What it is: A story of the necessity of renewable energy in many developing countries, and what first-world nations can learn from it.
- Why we like it: Many in developing nations suffer from energy poverty, causing countless other disadvantages. Renewable energy is the key to lifting those in need out of poverty, and into flourishing.
- Who it’s from: Bhaskar Chakravorti via World Economic Forum
- What it is: A plea for private business to engage with the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals.
- Why we like it: These massive goals can’t and shouldn’t be taken on the public sector alone. This provides massive opportunities for social enterprises to step up and help humans flourish!