Startups and Entrepreneurship
Take Back Your Mornings (Infographic)
- Who it’s from: Linda Lacina via Entrepreneur
- What it is: An Infographic on the dos and don’ts of your morning routine.
- Why we like it: We all know that morning routines are crucial for productivity throughout the entire day, but what exactly should we do? This infographic is a great place to start!
8 health innovations transforming women’s lives around the world
- Who it’s from: Savonne Anderson via Mashable www.mashable.com
- What it is: A list of health innovations that are saving countless lives!
- Why we like it: The entrepreneurs behind these innovations are truly embracing social entrepreneurship. These people make profits, create jobs, and empower employees, while they are directly saving lives!
This ingenious no-electricity cooler made with plastic bottles is helping Bangladesh cope with summer
- Who it’s from: Sonam Joshi via Mashable
- What it is: An air cooler made of recycled plastic bottles to help control air temperature in hot climates, like Bangladesh.
- Why we like it: Repurposing local materials for a good purpose is what we’re all about. They even have an instruction manual on how to make one yourself! Congrats on a great product!
Solutions to Poverty
HOW THE IMPACT IS MAKING IMPACT INVESTING THE NEW NORMAL FOR WEALTHY FAMILIES
- Who it’s from: Dennis Price via Impact Alpha
- What it is: A snapshot into the investments of the world’s wealthiest, and the transformation taking place.
- Why we like it: Impact Investing isn’t just an afterthought in an investor’s portfolio anymore – it is becoming mainstream! This capital is certainly helping to lift communities out of poverty!
Time to let go: a proposal for change in the humanitarian system
- Who it’s from: Overseas Development Institute
- What it is: A plea for serious review and change of humanitarian efforts worldwide
- Why we like it: This video calls for local support rather than entering in to situations already “knowing it all.”