Startups and Entrepreneurship
A Series Of Unfortunate Events: How Entrepreneurs Can Endure Ongoing Disappointment
- Who it’s from: Chris Myers via Forbes
- What it is: Steps to take to break through the chains of disappointment as an entrepreneur.
- Why we like it: It’s unrealistic to assume entrepreneurs won’t face disappointment, but how we deal with it will set us apart – or back.
Cuba to legalize small and medium-sized private businesses
- Who it’s from: Michael Weissenstein via Associated Press
- What it is: The great news of Cuba’s legalization of small to medium businesses.
- Why we like it: This is great news! This will certainly encourage entrepreneurs to work creatively to better their communities!
The Research Gap in Social Entrepreneurship
- Who it’s from: Mark Hand via Stanford Social Innovation Review
- What it is: Findings concerning the amount of research available on social entrepreneurship.
- Why we like it: While especially academic, we certainly appreciate the recognition of the lack of good data and research on social entrepreneurship. More research = more opportunity for growth and development!
Solutions to Poverty
Can Social Innovation & Social Enterprise Startups Be The Answer For A Better Afghanistan?
- Who it’s from: Grant Trahant via CauseArtist
- What it is: An interview with a successful figure in the Afghan social entrepreneurship space.
- Why we like it: People like Azadeh all over the world are helping to lift many out of poverty!
A day out at Nikki’s farm—a Youth Agripreneur in Action
- Who it’s from: Mahesh Chander via The Global Forum on Agricultural Research
- What it is: A story of a successful youth agripreneur
- Why we like it: Hearing successful stories of creative people bettering themselves and their communities is what we love!