Agora Wave 5.13.2016
Startups and Entrepreneurship
The Empowered Entrepreneur
- Who it’s from: Entrepreneur
- What it is: A great collection of the best tips for entrepreneurs (and everyone else!)
- Why we like it: These tips do what they say they do – empower entrepreneurs to be the best!
Cassava Innovation Challenge
- Who it’s from: Amira Bliss and Nnika Eze via Business Fights Poverty
- What it is: An introduction of a challenge that aims to fight hunger by finding innovative ways to preserve nearly half of the cassava that spoils before it can be eaten.
- Why we like it: This is a great example of a social enterprise being born! This problem is huge – and more importantly, one that can be avoided by creating a platform for ideas to become reality!
Hope Beyond the Wall: Realizing Palestinian Potential Through Social Entrepreneurship
- Who it’s from: Huda Yaacoubi via Huffington Post
- What it is: The story behind “Hult Prize Palestine”, a platform for creating lasting solutions for everyday problems.
- Why we like it: Especially in instable communities, the hope that social enterprise brings is undeniable!
Solutions to Poverty
What Data Can Do to Fight Poverty
- Who it’s from: Anie Duflo and Dean Karlan via The New York Times
- What it is: An explanation of the benefits of having good data in terms of fighting poverty.
- Why we like it: Because it’s true that basing your social venture on anecdotal evidence of a problem isn’t wise, data is needed to fully understand the extent of a social problem. Data also helps to measure social goals!
17 Goals to Rule Them All: How the SDGs Can Benefit Organizations
- Who it’s from: Triple Pundit
- What it is: A great explanation of how pursuit of the UN’s SDGs can benefit organizations.
- Why we like it: Although from the archives, this is great to remember! The effects of reaching these goals will empower many!
Share This Post, Choose Your Platform!