Agora Wave 4.22.16
Startups and Entrepreneurship
5 Signs You’ve Got What It Takes to Become a Successful Social Entrepreneur
- Who it’s from: Rebecca Cressman via CauseArtist
- What it is: A great list of unique attributes that may indicate strength in beginning a social enterprise.
- Why we like it: This article tells the plain truth of the importance of business development just as much a social mission. If your mission is strong, but you don’t have viable business operations, you won’t be able to make the impact you’d like to!
Doggy bags to pig feed: 10 things we learned about food waste
- Who it’s from: Hannah Gould via The Guardian
- What it is: A list of observations on the UK’s problem with food waste.
- Why we like it: These types of articles highlight opportunities for socially conscious business to thrive!
Threads of Freedom
- Who it’s from: Small & Growing Businesses via The Aspen Institute
- What it is: An outline of the problem and solution associated with reintegration into society of formerly trafficked women.
- Why we like it: These women are among the least according to greater society. Organizations that aim to empower women to live freely are great in our eyes!
Solutions to Poverty
Five evils: Multidimensional poverty and race in America
- Who it’s from: Richard Reeves, Edward Rodrigue, and Elizabeth Kneebone via Brookings
- What it is: A paper examining the 5 dimensions of poverty.
- Why we like it: The paper’s 5 dimensions of poverty highlight the very problems we exist to eradicate. This is a great outline of the very problems we solve!
How This Entrepreneur Built A Profitable Business Empowering Ugandan Women
- Who it’s from: Ashoka via Forbes
- What it is: The story of KadAfrica, a business that provides women with opportunities to develop business.
- Why we like it: KadAfrica’s business provides women with entrepreneurship training, financial literacy training, and empowerment – this is what social enterprise is about!
Share This Post, Choose Your Platform!