Agora Wave 2.25.16
Startups and Entrepreneurship
6 Keys to Develop a Successful Small Business
- Who it’s from: Michael Mamas of Entrepreneur.com
- What it is: A great overview of how to steer your small business in the right direction.
- Why we like it: These are the tips you hear from an insider. Great tips that apply to any type of small business.
Asda Launches U.K.’s First Ever ‘Wonky Fruit And Veg Box’
- Who it’s from: Justmeans
- What it is: A UK supermarket giant takes the “product in a box” model and expands it to reduce food waste.
- Why we like it: Sustainability comes from resourcefulness – waste can’t be a part of the equation!
Virtual Companies Come to Life: How New Methods in Student Training Can Build Sustainable Entrepreneurship in Kenya
- Who it’s from: Next Billion
- What it is: A proposition that argues that training programs are they key to young peoples’ success in business.
- Why we like it: Education is key! Training young people basic marketing and strategy skills will no doubt be key to eradicating poverty.
Solutions to Poverty
Unlocking workplace daycare for the children of garment workers in Bangladesh
- Who it’s from: Ashoka via Virgin Wireless
- What it is: A story of women’s empowerment and access to reasonable work.
- Why we like it: Economies can’t thrive when 50% of their adult population isn’t working. Affordable, safe childcare is a major barrier to women’s ability to work in developing countries. Providing this service gives women a chance to work!
Foresight Africa: Top Priorities for the Continent in 2016
- Who it’s from: Foresight Africa via Brookings
- What it is: A description of the key areas for opportunity to keep its rising trajectory.
- Why we like it: When we see Africa, we see opportunity and potential. We know that this continent can further develop by sustainable development!
Share This Post, Choose Your Platform!